You play the part of Hercule Poirot, the London-based detective with a characteristic Belgian accent.
Above all else, he is a great investigator who never misses a thing.
After receiving some strange letters announcing murders, all signed by A.B.C, the famous detective returns to the spotlight, to unmask and arrest the person behind what appears to be a killing spree.
It is possible for you to create 3 game profiles (A, B or C). Select profile A, B or C and then enter a name. To delete a profile, use .
In the top left corner of the screen, you will find:
PROFILE NAME Corresponds to the name of the profile selected.
EGO POINTS Number of points obtained when last saved. Ego points are earned by carrying out good actions. Beware, the opportunity might not come again. Discover the actions which generate the most points!
PROGRESS Displays the percentage of game completion.
On the right of the screen, choose between Play, Bonus, Options or Profile using or . Confirm your choice with .
PLAY Allows you to continue or start a new game.
BONUS Discover all the elements you have unlocked here! Browse between the 3 tabs using and .
- STORY This is where you will find the stories of the main characters, from the murders' preparation and motives to the final outcome.
/ Choose a sequence Read the unlocked sequences
N.B.: When you read a sequence, the scenes to come which have been unlocked are read automatically.
- RECONSTRUCTIONS In this menu, you will be able to watch Hercule Poirot's reconstructions of the murders again.
- ACHIEVEMENTS This screen summarizes all the rewards that you can unlock during your adventure.
OPTIONS - LANGUAGES In this menu, you can choose the language for the voices and sub-titles. Tick the box to display the sub-titles.
- VOLUME In this menu, you can adjust the volume of the music, voices and sound effects.
- CONTROLS This is where you can invert the vertical and horizontal axis during zoom and puzzle phases. You can also adjust the cursor sensitivity.
- CREDITS You will find the game's credits here.
PROFILES You can change, create or delete a profile at any time.
Display / Quit the Pause menu / Browse the tabs / Move around the menu Confirm Back / Quit
During the game, the Pause menu allows you to adjust the game's volume and controls, use a clue, consult the help and quit the game.
Use a clue You can unlock any situation in the game by activating this automatic aid.
During the game, display the menu using . Thanks to this feature, you can access: - Objectives - Notebooks - Little Grey Cells - Inventory
N.B.: When you display this menu, you can continue to move Hercule Poirot, but the game's interaction cursor is no longer active.
OBJECTIVES Here, you will find the list of objectives in progress to be completed.
NOTEBOOKS Here, you will find the list and description of each victim, suspect and witness.
LITTLE GREY CELLS There are 3 steps: 1. Choose a question 2. Ensure that you have all the elements 3. Answer
1. Choose a question This is where you will find all the pending questions which Hercule Poirot has to answer in order to progress in the inquiry. /Choose a question Confirm the question selected Quit
N.B.: When a question has been resolved, it turns grey and you can consult it at any time.
2. Ensure that you have all the elements If an icon at the bottom of the screen contains a question mark, it means that you do not have this clue. Clues can be found at any time: during an interrogation or a dialogue, when responding to the Little Grey Cells, or observing a puzzle or a scene.
3. Reply To answer questions: /Browse clues Go to a sub-question
INVENTORY Use to the left or the right to choose one of the objects in your inventory. Observe the object Use the object selected After pressing , move the object to the screen with . When an object is highlighted, this means that it is near an action zone. Choose to use the object in this zone.
Your progress is saved automatically. Do not switch off your console when the save icon appears.
On foot Move Hercule Poirot Speak / Question Activate / Open Observe Move the interaction cursor Display the Inventory menu Walk faster Pause Menu
Puzzle / 3D Zoom Rotate the object Move the interaction cursor Activate or Zoom in (If the interaction icon shows a hand pointing a finger.)
+ Grasp and move (If the interaction icon shows a grasping hand.)
Zoom Out / Quit the puzzle Pause Menu
N.B.: You can invert the direction of the commands in the game's Options menu.
Observations Move the cursor In addition to vibrations, the cursor turns green when you near the zone to be found.
Interrogations When you question a character, a choice of 2 to 4 dialogues is sometimes available. Therefore, you will be able to choose between , , and . According to your response, you will see that the camera zooms in or out. If the camera zooms out, this means that you are straying from a successful interrogation. If the camera zooms in, this means that you are on the right track to score more ego points.
Copyright 2016 Agatha Christie Limited Copyright 2016 Anuman Interactive SA
Microïds is a brand of the company Anuman Interactive SA All rights reserved. Visit us at: www.agathachristie.com
For further information, consult: www.microids.com/support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org